Thursday, February 18, 2010

Word Up

This post will be short and sweet! Betcha don't think I can do it, do ya? We are going to continue looking at some of my favorite scriptures in our "Word Up" series. I have decided (for now) I will go in order of the books of the Bible.



It doesn't matter what translation you read it in Genesis 3:21 pretty much says the same thing:



"The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them."


Short verse, to the point and simple. Adam and Eve were naked and for the first time (because of the fall in the garden) this was a problem. Up until this point shame had not entered into the picture and they freely frolicked around in their birthday suits...how fun. In Genesis 3:10 we see Adam and Eve are afraid (because of their sin) and naked so they hid...enter in fear and shame...thanks guys, we really appreciate it.


Where am I going here? I love how God reveals His mercy in verse 21. HE CLOTHED THEM. This verse may be short and simple, but we see a part of God's character many times overlooked by those who want to paint a picture of God as angry, full of wrath and out to "zap" us. This verse shows the kindness of God and we are merely three chapters into the Bible!


How many times have you been "clothed" by God? I don't think I could begin to count the times His mercy and grace has clothed me...let's just say, it's a very high number!


So, today I am thankful and my soul sings because I serve a God who is merciful, kind and loving...and it's His kindness that leads me to repentance (see Romans 2:4.)

No comments:

Post a Comment