Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Prayer for Haiti

If you are like me you might be at a loss for words on how to pray for the nation of Haiti. The devastation is immense and the loss of lives is so great I can hardly comprehend it. I received a prayer bulletin originally published by the ministry of James Goll with the Encounters Network. James outlined some prayer points and I am going to take them and compose a prayer and if you would like to join me in agreement that would be awesome! Our prayers do change the course of history!

Father God, in the name of Jesus Christ I come to you in intercession for the nation of Haiti. I recognize Lord that although this nation has turned from You, You have not taken Your eyes off of them. Father, I ask for a harvest of laborers to be released into the field of Haiti in Jesus Name. I pray for the testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ to ring loud and clear throughout the nation of Haiti. I pray the strongholds of witchcraft and voodoo be broken in the mighty and strong name of Jesus Christ. The people of Haiti to repent and turn and run into the loving arms of you Father. I pray for revival to break forth...not just revival, but new life, because You are doing a new thing...birth leaders in the nation of Haiti who profess You as Lord and Savior.

I pray all efforts of rescue, restoration and relief would have a spirit of unity. That the focus would be on humanitarian relief and the rebuilding of every area of life. I pray for the re-establishment of a Godly government in every sphere of influence in the nation of Haiti. I pray for the unity of leaders across the nations for such a time as this.

I ask Lord that the body of Christ would awaken and take their position on the wall and intercede and become repairers of the breach. I repent of complacency and washing my hands clean of tragedies not occurring on my soil, as if they don't effect me. I recognize these are Your nations and as part of the body of Christ I am called to pray and intercede for those suffering.

Father I pray You would supernaturally multiply the food rations and supply clean water for all those in Haiti. I pray Your Spirit would lead rescue efforts and those living would be found quickly and receive medical help as needed. I curse the spirits of death, torment and infirmity. I speak and release life, truth and peace over the nation of Haiti in the name of Jesus!

I ask you Lord to release a heavenly host of angels into Port au Prince and the entire nation of Haiti. I ask for Heaven to come down in the midst of the darkness and invade this region with LIGHT, FREEDOM and JOY! Nothing is too big for you God! Nothing is impossible for you God! Although my human finite mind can not comprehend how goodness could be brought from such devastation that is Your promise...You are always good (Nahum 1:7!)

Your Word tells us in II Chronicles 7:14 that if we humble ourselves and pray and seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways, then You will hear from heaven and will forgive our sins and heal our land. I pray that not only for my nation, but for the nation of Haiti. You promised us the nations and I want the nation of Haiti! The nation of Haiti will bow at Your feet! Send forth Your Word across the nation of Haiti!

Thank you Father! We love you Jesus! Send forth Your Spirit and heal and renew the nation of Haiti, rescue them from the grave (Psalm 104:30 and107:20) Thank you for hearing our cries and petitions! We give you honor and glory and praise! It's in the mighty and strong name of Jesus Christ we pray, AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. I had to bring a repentant heart before the Father, as I interceded as well! Thank you for posting your prayer Amy!

    ReplyDelete